TTC-please give advice? about to give up

Has anyone ever had problem getting pregnant, me and my fianca have sex up to twice a day and still have yet to got pregnant? Is there something that could be wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• for how long have you been trying? bc if it is less than a year then you shouldn't think there is any problem
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It depends on how long you have been trying. My SIL and brother tried for 7 years and never got pregnant then they gave up and was considering adoption and she got pregnant. So sometimes it is just meant to take a while.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i would say it could be nothing at all or it could be something with either one of you .take some ovulation tests if not them maybe try and see a fertility doc .good luck i hope it works out for ya
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Like the other poster said unless you have been trying for a year you really shouldn't be worried. That said perhaps you should begin charting your fertility cycle. The goal is to have sex right before you ovulate. Check out
    "Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health" by Toni Weschler. Good Luck
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 8:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You also might want to STOP doing it twice a day! Its recommended you do it every other day, to give his sperm count a chance to build back up!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I understand how concerned you are. I've been there several times.

IMHO, My first suggestion:
    1) try acupunture
    2) chart your temperatures
    3) chart your period and when you have intercourse
    4) limit activity somewhat, maybe you're depleting your reserves
    5) read some medical info on webmd, too
    6) meditate and rest, rest, rest
    7) eat healthy and drink a ton of water, too
    8) TAKE YOUR VITAMINS
    9) no smoking, no drinking, no drugs (including advil, if possible)

anyway, these are the things I have done and that I do now
    juliawerre

Answer by juliawerre at 8:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My Aunt tried for about 10 years. When she gave up she became preggo with my cousing at 40. I say realx, it will happen, the more stressed out you are the less likely it will happen. Also my DH's mom was told she could never had children and she had him at 29!
    'Science only goes so far, then comes God" The Notebook
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Having sex twice a day could be one of your problems. You should have sex at the peak of your ovulation and even then twice is about all you need to get pg at that time. You can get an ovulation kit at the drug store. If you have been trying for a couple years then do get your s/o and yourself a work up by your GYN and he at the uroloigist.GL
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 8:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• it took me three years to get pregnant with my son, then I got pregnant with my daughter right away
    kleigh24

Answer by kleigh24 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Its all about timing! Use OPK they help you find out the best time! Good luck!
    Nenej007

Answer by Nenej007 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010