Spinoff question of when you get gas- Have you ever ran out of gas?

I have once. It wasn't long after I got my new car and I thought I had more gas in it than it really had. I had to call my dad to bring me some gas. I learned my lesson!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 8:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've ran outta gas twice and that taught me to prepare for such emergencies. Now whenever I first get a new car, I run and go buy (if I haven't already saved): gas can, tire lug, spare fuses/bulbs, flashlight, rimmed tire, emergency flashers, battery cables, extra fluids, blanket, hydraulic jack, jack stands, spare jacket and automobile tools/toolbox! It's good to be prepared! I hate being a damsel in distress!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• nope but i am the queen of riding on fumes lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• *hangs head in shame* yes. Once. And only 50 yards from the gas station too. My hubby and his friend (we were giving him a ride) had to push the car to the gas station.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes, and it is horrible. The one time I forgot my cell phone is the time i ran out too. I had to have a old man and his daughters push me out of the road. And then I borrowed a can for them and walked about a block and got some gas. But it could have been much worse if I had been on the interstate or something with no phone and no gas.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes! Some cars can be driven far below the E line. I found out my little dodge shadow meant business when it was on E. lol. We were coming home from work at like 2 am so yeah not many people about to help either.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I used to. DH used to get sooo mad at me when we were dating. I ran out of gas like 2 0r 3 times the first year we were together. I'm better about it now. Or I should say, he is better at reminding me now.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I try not to get too close to E because its not good for the car BUT it happens alot more than Id like!! I ran out of diesel in my old Mercedes right when I stopped to pay the toll before crossing the bridge!!! I had to be towed because unlike gas vehicles where you just add gas and start the car you have to bleed the line in a diesel!!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• A few times here and there.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 9:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes. I meant to get some then forgot. I remembered when the car died on the interstate. :-(
    I was able to get over, let it sit then restart and go on fumes. It died again on the off ramp. I was able to coast most of the way. Then, I found out I left my wallet at home and had to borrow money from someone at work, which was next door to the gas station. I had to pay a ton for a gas station gas can, and walk a mile and a half back to the car then go back home and get my money and go pay my coworker back. I also got pulled over RIGHT next to my home on the way home for forgetting to signal, and of course I didn't have my license since my wallet was at home. Luckily, he followed me home and let me off with a warning after I showed him my license. All in all, a pretty crappy day. Now, I don't let it get below half a tank. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yea twice one week.
    nanasgirl401

Answer by nanasgirl401 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010