So these A-Holes just called me...

So I just get a phone call from the people who do maitence for my building. They are going to be here at 730 am tomorrow, of course when im at work. Well they are doing a walk thru of my apt and I have to have everything spotless.
Which means Im basically pulling an all nighter. I need tips for keeping my energy up to clean through the night. I mean my house isnt dirty dirty, but if i have a dish in my sink or dirt spot in my tub I will come home to a housekeeping slip waiting to tell me I have so many days to clean before management comes back to inspect my housekeeping. Stupid I know, but I really need some suggestions. I dont want to fall asleep and not get anything done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Don't they have to give you a 24 hour notice before entering your apartment?
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• honey, i don't even know why how you keep house is their concern, unless you're allowing feces to be on the floor or something. you're idea of 'spotless' could be different from theirs. just tidy up, clean the dishes, and vacuum. what else is there? geez.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If it's not dirty dirty, and it's just an apartment why do you need to stay up all night? Do the necessities and call it a night! I don't know how they could give you any kind of slip for only hours of notice.........
    emicek24

Answer by emicek24 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I just had apartment inspection on Monday, but here they have to give at least a 48 hour notice before they can come in for anything. I guess you could drink lots of coffee or red bull...And just stay motivated. Don't stop for breaks because I know they more I sit around and think about it the less I want to do it. So just get up and start cleaning one room at a time and don't think so much about it and before you know it you will be done and you wont have to worry so much about it. Good Luck Momma. Happy Cleaning.

BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• ya i wouldnt stress too much. just get everything decent.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Wow, I'd be looking for a new place to live. Most states have laws that give a time frame like 24 hours that they must notify you uin advance except in cases of emergency. Even with that they can''t legally say anything to you unless you home is bordering on unsafe for human habitation or endangers people.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I've never heard of this sort of thing! They go thru and make sure you clean your apartment???? I wouldn't want to live in such a place!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Starbucks....Venti.

I'd also check with your local tenants rights association; I did not think it was legal for any landlord to enter except to repair something.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Ace energy drink does it for me!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• 5 hour energy shot! I do not see how they can tell you how to keep your apartment, so long as it snit filthy it should be fine!
    proudmamafeb

Answer by proudmamafeb at 9:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010