Where is my Obstetrician???

My obstetrician is gone. He was the ONLY one in this town, he has worked here for almost 30 years, and he delivered both of my children. I was hoping that he would deliver my future children as well. Hubby and I want to start trying for another baby, but I have a Mirena, and it has to be removed. I hate finding a new doctor, and this guy has been my gynecologist since I was 12, so he knows my entire womanly history!!!! He just up and left, and I don't know where!!! Now what???

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 8:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• o boy that sucks. start asking around and also look in the phone book. you can always meet with them or talk to them on the phone before you choose. word of mouth is always the best though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Well, he actually DIDN'T know your history... he had a file on you. There's no way he knew it personally lol. He should have transferred your file to another office, did you get that notice in the mail?

When a doctor leaves an area he is required by law to transfer his patients to another practice. Call around and find out where he transferred your records to.

Also, YOU delivered your children... he assisted you in childbirth ;)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• He probably retired. I'm surprised no letter was sent to you. Sounds like you have to find a new OB.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010