TB shoots & baby....

Ok my sister got her the TB shoots today.. She was holding my baby is that bad for my baby? She was telling me that it might be bad for my almoust 6month old.. is it true??? im worried now...=(

Bless2haveU

Asked by Bless2haveU at 8:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didnt even know they still do TB shots!! Is she traveling or something?
    Why would it be bad if she was holding the baby?
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• The TB test is a serum that is injected under the first few layers of skin. This serum is injected with a TINY needle, and the hole created should close MOMENTS after she injection. There is absolutely no risk your baby. Don't worry momma!!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 8:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• They don't give TB shots as far as I know...but they can do TB skin tests.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• no, who told you that? it's ridiculous. if your sister had tb and was holding your baby that is another story, but that's not what happened. don't worry

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• There is not a TB SHOT in the USA - its a test just like mistical described
    no danger to baby
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Honey, my kids are 4 and almost 3... I'm due in Dec. with number 3. We skipped all this stuff with out kids. My sister had a really bad reaction to her TB tests as a kid too... It's not terribly abnormal... I suggest you do the research on ANY and EVER procedure the doctors want to do, even the routine ones...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• the tb shot is not an immunization it tells you if you have even been exposed to tb there is no immunization for tb but there is treatment no it is not dangerous to your baby
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• She had a TB test, it will not harm your baby.. The baby will only be at risk if she tests positive for TB. The skin test only shows and exposer to TB if it comes back positive, a positive skin test does not mean she has TB .. An x-ray is needed to confirm TB.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Oh yeah she is going to another country.. Doesn't the TB shoot has a dose of tb..
    Bless2haveU

Comment by Bless2haveU (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• The TB skin test has PPD - Purified Protein Derivative. I do not think it contains any live TB cultures that would harm your child, and hopefully someone can either confirm or deny that for me.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010