Has anyone had low HCG and a successful pregnancy?

I went to get my blood drawn today so that I could see what my HCG levels are. I am supposed to be 6 weeks pregnant (give or take). My levels were 182 and my doctor said that he suspects that I will miscarry again. Has anyone had low levels and then had a healthy baby? I go back on Thursday to check it out again.

babymachine20

Asked by babymachine20 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My levels were in the normal range, but they weren't doubling. They're supposed to double every 48 hours and mine were only increasing by, like, 1/10. The doctor said to prepare myself for a miscarriage. She's 2 now :)

The numbers are guidelines and not definitive. No one can say whether you will have a healthy pregnancy, but just having low numbers doesn't guarantee a bad outcome.

Best wishes, mamma!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Thank you Ati_13. Its really hard to keep my hopes up and brace myself for the worst again. It was only in April that I lost the last baby.
    babymachine20

Comment by babymachine20 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Mine were very low in the beginning and I also had VERY sharp pains on my right ovary. They told me they thought it was an ectopic pregnancy....my son just turned 4 years old last week!!!!!!!! Hang in there and I hope the best for you!!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I was told 4 weeks ago that i was going to miscarry because the baby didnt grow in a weeks time, i am now 10 weeks pregnant and still no sign of a miscarriage..tho the past few days i have been spotting. Has anyone had this happen and still have the baby???
    Lovingmykids3

Answer by Lovingmykids3 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I dont know what mine were. I hope the best for you.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 2:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yes, I was 3months prego with my first son and just new i was preg. Every test i took came back neg because my HCG levels were too low to pick up on the stick. they are supposed to increase in level as you go. He came out absolutely healthy and is now a husky 10yr old. I've also had 2miss's. At my 6, and 8week checks, the levels never increased very much, and when investigated closer via u/s, there was no heartbeat. There is no absolute solution. Good luck to you.
    ibdezy

Answer by ibdezy at 8:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010