Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lead Paint???

We just bought a new house (well not new, it was built in the 1800's, but it is new to us!) and we do know that there is lead paint. We are planning on painting everything (the house needs a lot of work anyway). Is this an ok way to keep my children from getting lead poisoning from lead paint in my house?

 
mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 9:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 16 (2,341 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • vacume and sweep freequently. look it up online....any dust/debris in the air usually has lead in it. Make sure the walls stay undisturbed. If you do any home improvement stuff it can send the lead into the air. I *think* you can buy paint that "blocks" the lead from coming through, but i've also heard that doesn't work. I would talk to a professional.
    Really, any house before 1978 is at risk of lead paint....we live in a house that was built in 1902.
    Make sure to know the symptoms of lead posining, and bring in up to your doctors, so they can test for that occasionally as well as so they can keep it in mind everytime you get sick.
    CAGirl4

    Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • you should hire some professionals to remove all the paint so you can just start fresh. imo it is not worth the worry to just cover it up (which will not work anyway).
    princessbeth79

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • They are only going to get lead poisoning is they eat the paint, which could happen very easily since the lead taste sweet. I would paint as soon as possible!
    mrsmamaj

    Answer by mrsmamaj at 9:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN