I have a very sick little bearded dragon:(

I have done all that I can for him. I dewormed him this am and have given him electrolights. I will be sad if we can't get him well. Any ideas as to a common problem w/these little guys?

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 9:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pets

• So what made him sick? And what are his symptoms?
    proudmamafeb

Answer by proudmamafeb at 9:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i had a uromastix that died last year. I learned that you should not keep them in sad EVEN the sand that says its good for lizards. Yes i know they live in deserts and stuff but if their food gets in the sand and they happen to swollow any of it they cannot digest it. their stomaches become impacted with sand and they die. Someone told me the best thing to use is birdfeed or anything digestable
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• in "sand" sorry
    shay1130

• Lights are the number one issue of metabolic bone disease in my experience. Just because they still shine does not mean they are giving adequate rays.

Have you taken your Dragon to a vet? Our clinic was quite successful in treating them. But it can be hard to find clinics that will take reptiles. Best wishes.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 10:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• He passed away last night:( He was not eating or drinking. He was moving very little. He was my dd's pet but I loved him.
    We don'tt have a vet that treats reptiles here.
    momthruivf

Comment by momthruivf (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2010