Ever been wrongly accused of stealing?

So my DH has a landscaping business and recently had 3 voicemail messages from the same woman. She sounded angry on the phone, but claimed to need landscaping. He called her back (she'd called 3 times in less than 12 hours) and she went off over the phone, saying that she "knows" he stole her lawn mower. How does she "know" this? She said she got his flyer (presumably from her development's bulletin board). WTF? She comes home, her mower is missing, so she calls the guy who does landscaping for some of the residents in her neighborhood? In what world is that enough info. to call the police over? Anyway, we're not concerned about it ~ he didn't take it. He was doing a job elsewhere on the day she claims it was taken. But she's a looney tune! She even had someone else call my DH trying to get more information on him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think she was just looking for someone to blame.....
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yeah lol! i had a crazy neighbor who called the cops on us saying we stole her grandson's birthday gift out of her car! Apparently we are master car thiefs who can get in and out of a car without setting the alarm off! I invited the cop to come look around if he'd like. he said no. As we were out there discussing this,her son showed up and called her a crazy bitch and said he took it home with him the day before! Thank God those fools were evicted!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yeah, a woman that worked at a craft store asked to look through my purse before I left the store... I felt like a friggin fool cause of course I wans't stealing anything!!! You almost have enough to file harassment on her!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 11:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010