Have you ever called CPS on someone?

Please no judging. Please tell me what to do, how to show my evidence and what to expect. A child may be in trouble but I am not sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have called before. One time one of my sisters called and CPS actually called the person they were investigating and told her they were going to drug test her the following week. :\ Gave her time to get something to clean up her system and her house! I'm about to call on her again and Im going to tell them to NOT give her a warning this time! They're SUPPOSED to be on the childrens' side.
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If you feel that a child is in danger you call ASAP! You do whatever you have too!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 9:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yup
    But I faxed my report in annon

If you feel like a child is in danger report...they will investigate
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes, many times because I am a social worker and mandatory reporter. You don't need to have "evidence". CPS will do an investigation, they are responsible for getting evidence. All you need to do is call. It would probably be helpful if you have names and addresses but if you don't you just call and give them all the information. The people at CPS know what is legal or not, and it is their job to decide if a crime against a child is taking place. If you think at all that a child might be abused you should call!
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 9:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• all the time-- I'm a nurse LOL in a pedi Er-- just call them they will investigate ......there is no wrong or right you call them you tell them why you are calling they do the investigation- in like 3 months unless it is really bad - they suck at their jobs so if nothing happens dont be surprised-- but if you see the child on TV later as an abuse issue make sure you keep the name of the person you spoke with to call them back and let them know how incompetent they are
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I reported a co-worker who told me a "funny" story about her daughter witnessing sex acts between her and her boyfriend. The 7 yr old saw mommy's legs in the air and mommy's head bobbing. I didn't find it funny at all so I called, gave them the woman and girls names, and the info such as the girls school and woman's work address.

Just call and be prepared to tell why the child needs help and how they can locate the child ie:an address at least and the names involved.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• no
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No, but good luck. If you think that a child might be in danger then you are making the right decision.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No, but if I felt a child was truely in danger, you bet I would call. You can be anonymous
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I called on my former brother in law.
    The man I spoke to was very nice. He listened to why I was calling and then asked for his name, address and phone number. I knew where he lived, but I did not have his phone number, so they said that was fine. He also asked about my sister and asked for her name address and phone number.
    They also asked if I would like to have the report be anonymous or have my name left on it.
    I was scared, and I think that can be normal, but if you think the kids are in danger, you should do it. Just think how you would feel if something happens and you didn't do anything.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010