what age did you start letting your kids play in their rooms alone?

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 10:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when i noticed she would go in there by herself and play alone.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My house is baby proofed. My son just turned 12 months, He plays where he wants. I can be washing dishes and hell go play in his room, or my room or wherever he wants. I just check on him, but he also comes out and checks on my..lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• 2yo..... their rooms are baby proofed pretty good and my 2yo goes up there all the time reading books or looking for a particular toy lol. i do check on him now and then though lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• however old they are to not care if i'm there or not. lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• mine both started doing it at about two, I would say its whenever the kids decides to as long as the room is kid proof.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My son started playing in his room as soon as he could crawl. Never for long though. Right now we share one room but once we move I am going to try to get him to keep most of his things in his room.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Mine started around 2.5- 3. I still check if she gets too quiet, which is rare. I am only in the next room and can hear everything she does. I just leave her too long without checking. She's sneaky. ;)
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 10:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• my son plays every morning in his room for a long time alone...he loves it but the minute it gets quite i know hes into something however i super baby proof so it usually just his diapers and wipes all over the floor. he started doing that at like 6 months when he started crawling he is one now and loves "alone" time...its good for babies to explore o their own
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We just live in a one level home so as soon as my son a good crawler and didnt mind being alone I put all his toys in his room. He was probably about one years old. My daughter was a little different cause we lived in an apartment with stairs up to the room. She didnt get a chance to play in her room until we moved into our house. She was about 19 months old.
    cthrush82

Answer by cthrush82 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• When they could crawl in there on their own and wanted to play by themselves...around 10 months, I would guess.  My kids have always been very independent.  My oldest could play for hours alone in her room when she was 1.

Not sure what we will do with the new baby.  He/she will be sharing a room with older kids so it won't be safe.  My youngest (now 4) also didn't have her own room.  All her toys were in the living room and she wasn't allowed out of there.  But she was allowed to play alone in the living room starting at like 8 months because I would have to pee eventually.  Usually I left one of the older kids to watch her (they were 4, 5 and 6 at that point).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2010