Have you ever been measured to be further along than your estimated due date?

My due date is September 16..so that makes me 28 weeks and 5 days today. I had my dr appointment today and I measured at 30 weeks. Doctor seemed a little suprised, as was I.
If this has ever happened to you, was the baby born sooner than the estimated due date you were first given?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With My youngest daughter at my 36 week ultrasound she measured between 40-41 weeks on everything so they induced me at 38 weeks , she was pretty chunky compared to my other children but had some trouble breathing and had to stay in the NICU for a few days.
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 8:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It's totally normal to measure a week ahead or behind. I don't know why your Doctor would be suprised..? I sometimes measured a week ahead and I my little girl was born 1 day after her due date. Good luck and congratulations! :)
    MacyKaysMommy

Answer by MacyKaysMommy at 10:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• This happened to all my babies. I had then all way before my due date. The last 2 were because of complications.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I consistently measured large with my daughter. 2-3 cm difference is not really cause for worry. It can be because of how the baby is laying, slight changes in fluid, etc. It is not a guide to how large the baby is, or how developed they are.
    Remember, your baby doesn't have a calendar in there or even an alarm clock to tell it when the magical number is... 40 is the mid-point between 37-42 weeks, which is the length of normal pregnancy.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Well, that is really only 9 days ahead, not so bad.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've never measured bigger in my other pregnancies...always have been right on target date and then had both on my estimated due dates. LOL. So, it is just suprising to me.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• oh I forgot to say that both my kids were born 40 weeks 6 days, not overdue, just right for them.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• oh and I never measured larger with my first :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I just measured a week ahead of where I was supposed to be at, but the last appointment I measured almost a week behind.. so in four weeks my baby grew a decent amount lol. Every child develops differently and it isn't a big deal. You should expect labor any time two weeks before to two weeks after that due date! Anything can happen! Don't believe those guesses done with the ultrasound to determine the weight either.. they can be off by a pound or so up or down. I guessed my son's weight dead on, 8 lbs 2 oz! The doc was amazed.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 10:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I wouldnt worry. Its just an educated guess. I measured way ahead. Up to 4 weeks actually. I just had alot of extra amnion.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010