Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

How would you explain or handle this situation with...

the father in law? He and I liked each other at one time but something happened in my husbands past with his ex-crack head and the kids. Well, he found out about it and instead of talking to us or my hubby I should say he and MIL went to CPS which was uncalled for really it was...all the times they could have went to cps or just came and picked up there grandchildren when my hubby was with his ex doing drugs and they never cared but now that were married and have a wonderful drug free life... they want to be all up in our business and act like they care so much for my hubby's two kids and the one we have together they don't acknowledge very much. Not cool, how would you tell them to treat all the kids the same and to just allow us to have a life together with out them trying to act like they need to be involved now?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I would keep my distance and just let them around once in awhile. Children should be treated the same.

    Answer by Angeleyez08 at 2:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • This is really all confusing to me. If I had a bump left I would bump it for you.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • I'd tell them to shove it honestly

    Answer by Megalicious79 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • You have to be careful in this situation. On their hand, I can see where they are interested in the children, but if they are treating the grand kids differently, then there is a problem. You need to let DH talk to them about it. He needs to stand up and let them know that they have to treat the kids the same or they won't see them as much. If he will not do that then it is time that you stand up to them. Let them know that your family is happy, and they have no need to concern themselves in your private business. If they are concerned then they can come and visit or call. If they can not treat everyone with the same fairness, then they will not be able to see the kids very often. If they keep calling CPS, you might want to make a formal complaint at the courthouse. I know it sounds harsh, but there are some things that can not be ignored.


    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2010