How can I stop biting my nails?

I was a nail biter years ago, quit for the longest time, and maybe over the last year it's been SO BAD that I can't stop, I've tried everything, but it's to the point where I bite till they're sore. Any tips to stop or get them to grow out? The fact that they keep breaking makes me bite them more. If they were stronger and growing I think it would be easier. HELP!

NewMom2RAD

Asked by NewMom2RAD at 10:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Health

• Get fake nails put on, that helped my friend.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• to get me out of the habit, I kept buying the glue on nail kits. I liked how pretty they were so I started leaving them alone.

or soak your hands in fingernail polish remover, that will taste like crap! you won't want to put your finger in your mouth LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I was always a huge nail biter too. About a year ago I bought the glue on kind and put them on over and over again and my nails grew out. They do make a polish called stop bite or something like that. I bought it for my kid who was picking up my bad habit. I never tried it on myself tho since I was able to finally stop! This is the longest I've gone without doing it (almost a year). I can't even imagine doing it now! Take a good multi vitamin and have you ever tried using OPI's Nail Envy? It helps them to get stronger and I felt like it really worked. It's a bit expensive but I used the entire bottle and thought it was worth it!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010