Is yogurt good for you?

I eat a yogurt blended with a scoop of whey protein each mrning. I buy the kight which is 0 fat and 100 calories. I have heard some say that yogurt wasn't as good for us as we think! Is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Just don't eat to much of it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• probably depends on what else is in it

my fav is yoplait but I think it has high fructose corn syrup...so don't know how good it is for me
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 10:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i think it is, but some yogurt is blended with sweetners, hfcs, etc. and some yogurt has alot of calories, sugar and artificial coloring. maybe that's what they meant.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes it is, It puts back the good bacteria in your body. Meaning if you were on Meds for being sick.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Try Greek Yogurt. Dr. Oz says it is the best.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yes yogurt is very good for many diffrent parts of your body and helps with certain illnesses
    MBax

Answer by MBax at 10:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It depends. Some kinds are really high in sugar, so they're not so good. Others have artificial sweeteners, which aren't so good either. Have you considered making your own? It doesn't look too hard to me, but we don't like or eat much yogurt so it's not worth it for me to try.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i think a good probiotic is better, with a lot mor strains and a greater vairety of bugs too!
    look into your protein powder too, some have been to be contaminated!!!
    we used to buy huge tubs of the stuff.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i think it is in moderation. if you not eating the kind with lots of sugar and artificial crap.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yogurt is god for the digestive tract. Helps prevent vaginal yeast infections when taking a long course of antibiotics. It keeps our dog from "passing gas" so much (We put a carton of plain yogurt in his food EVERY DAY, per advise of our vet!) IT works WONDERS! Just avoid the fruit and heavily sugared varieties.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 9:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2010