If we don't have oil in the united states will you leave the country just because it's so unchange-able

I am not saying it will happen, but who is even thinking about the gulf during this Q & A thing?

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 10:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• We have our own oil is what I've always heard. It's just better to save our own and use up other's reserves. That's not my idea. Just what I heard from more than one source.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We have our own oil. And what is so unchangeable that would make people leave?
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Huh??? We have more oil in the US than we could use in a veeeeery long time, hundreds of years. We can't drill it, but it is there, and it is ours! And there is lots of it. We won't run out any time soon.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• who is even thinking about the gulf during this Q & A thing?
    ---------
    What Q & A thing?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• What Q & A thing?

I think she's suggesting that people are so busy earning points they never asked any of those dozens of questions about the oil spill she apparently didn't bother to read.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Well...here's the thing...I LIVE down here. It's on the NATIONAL news, it's on my LOCAL News, it's in my papers. It's affecting my summer with my kids, possible job futures for my DH and friends and THEIR DH. It's changing our way of life down here and ADDED to that is the CONSTANT worry over wth hell is going to happen when a hurricane hits HERE...because REALLY they arent 100% sure...soooooo if the Q&A section contains questions on OTHER stuff, I am good with that :) Because I could REALLY use a BREAK now and again! As for will I leave? Now that's just silly isnt it. You DO know oil is MORE than about gas in our cars right? ALL of the BELOW is made from oil........ Cont)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Ammonia, Anesthetics, Antihistamines, Artificial limbs, Artificial Turf, Antiseptics, Aspirin, Auto Parts, Awnings, Balloons, Ballpoint pens, Bandages, Beach Umbrellas, Boats, Cameras, Candles, Car Battery Cases, Carpets, Caulking, Combs, Cortisones, Cosmetics, Crayons, Credit Cards, Curtains, Deodorants, Detergents, Dice, Disposable Diapers, Dolls, Dyes, Eye Glasses, Electrical Wiring Insulation, Faucet Washers, Fishing Rods, Fishing Line, Fishing Lures, Food Preservatives, Food Packaging, Garden Hose, Glue, Hair Coloring, Hair Curlers, Hand Lotion, Hearing Aids, Heart Valves, Ink, Insect Repellant, Insecticides, Linoleum, Lip Stick, Milk Jugs, Nail Polish, Oil Filters, Panty Hose, Perfume, Petroleum Jelly, Rubber Cement, Rubbing Alcohol, Shampoo, Shaving Cream, Shoes, Toothpaste, Trash Bags, Upholstery, Vitamin Capsules, Water Pipes, Yarn

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Soo Even the SUPER DUPER Enviropeople are on the hook here and this is about MORE than energy too! Soo I doubt anyone would be leaving the country because WHERE would they GO that doesnt have/manufacture THAT stuff!?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• oh, momof, you and your pesky facts again, LOL!!! We all know that it is all about the gas in our cars, and oil isn't used for anything else!!!! That's just a nasty rumor spread by those who don't buy into the climate change / global warming BS!!!! I wish that people would start thinking before they post. I knew that oil was involved in a lot of things, but I didn't realize it was in so MANY everyday items that we all use! RUBBING ALCOHOL??? Seriously?? The funniest part of this is that it is used in so many auto parts and shoes! And I'm sure it is bicycle tires, too! Yeah, go GREEN! Don't use drive that car, get a HYBRID, bike, or walk!! Exactly HOW does that cut down our dependence on oil, if those products use it, too???
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Don't use drive that car

should be Don't drive that car,

Sorry about that!

29again

Answer by 29again at 2:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2010