What is nice about the Amish Community?

It is so self help and independent from it's neighboring area's , I wish all of the country were more like them and didn't need luxuries.

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 10:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'm not going to lie...I enjoy my luxaries. I think their life is facinating but it's not for me.
    JustMamaNoDrama

Answer by JustMamaNoDrama at 10:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I agree, I like going there. It seems like life is so quiet. They do work very hard.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'd love to do it!!!!!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 10:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i know alot of people who have chosen to leave once they were permitted. i think i would be bored
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i guess the grass is always greener on the other side, but i think i would love it too.
    you never know until you try it...
    that should be the next reality show!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I love all these answers but happy2bmom25 ,........ that is a kwirky come back ! ! I love it for interest, although a reality show would be soooooo not amish : ) But I still love that idea, kind of like wife swap but going on an amish village setting. NEVER happen.
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I grew up in Amish country, and my first husband's family (aunts and uncles) was Amish (his dad left the church). The thing that I enjoyed the most was the feeling of belonging - they asked questions until they found someone or something that they had in common with you - and used it to forge a bond. The Amish are wonderful, caring people.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• They did have already have a reality show about 3 years ago. It was about, if you wanted to stay Amish or not.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• That they have a COMMUNITY and not just neighborhoods. BUT there are drawbacks to the system and that's why some leave the community every year.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think if we took a lot of the ideals the Amish live by and blended it into our own world we could have the best of both worlds. I've always loved the sense of community, hard work and living off the land.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2010