How often should a 2 yr old pee?

Today my daughter only peed once today and I don't know if thats normal sometimes or if I should be worried about it?

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would call your doctor. Did she drink a lot today?
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• my older son hardly pees at all (maybe twice or three times all day). my younger son is peeing all the time. but since it's summer i would say tell her to drink more, i don't think only once is really enough. what was the color? if it was dark then she could be dehydrated
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• She's been potty trained for a long time, but she's not been wanting to go in the potty anymore so I've put a pull up on her b/c she peed on the floor today I don't know if that has anything to do with it... maybe?
    Trishy7

Comment by Trishy7 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• After changing baby diapers 6-10 times a day, it is amazing how much more their bladders can hold when they are older. How much she pees depends on how much she drinks (and eats, like fruits that are juicy). I'd just make sure that you are offering her drinks regularly. I know that since summer has hit, my son is way more interested in playing that eating or drinking. It seems that he's drinking less at times too. It depends on the day and how much activity is going on. (playing inside in the cool versus outside in the heat.) If we go to the park or anything away from the house, I notice that he drinks more because he's STILL (for the car/stroller ride), LOL! So maybe get her outside if she's not been already. :)

Now if she seems to be in PAIN when she pees, she may have a bladder infection or a UTI. Call Call-a-nurse or the dr's office if you are concerned about this.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I called the doc today, and said she might have a bacertia infection. They said they get them from wearing there swim suit alot, and she's been in her swimming suit more than clothes latly lol. They said I might of just caught it early and she hasn't started to show any symptoms. And they said that they are going to send a cup home with me so she can pee in it if the sample I bring in comes back adnormal..... how the heck an I suppose to have a 2 yr old that is only peeing once a day pee in a cup!! Hope it just nothing!!
    Trishy7

Comment by Trishy7 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2010