Childcare provider leaving kids w husband

I just enrolled my daughter in a certified home childcare. The second day I picked her up, the provider was gone and her assistant was there. The fourth day I pick her up, I find that my 2yr old was left alone with the husband for about an hr. the sub left at 5 and the main provider was gone most of the day.I called the childcare division to see what the rules were and they said the husband is not qualified to be left alone w kids.We then saw the provider at a store yesterday and she said she was "running around town all day" when we know that she had children all day. I find this odd and am not comfortable taking my child there anymore. she did not notify us of any subs (which is also required). So, i found other care. she thinks i'm being unfare, your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think you were right in going with another child care provider. You pay her to watch your kids and she never does. I am very protective of my kids and who ever I pay to watch my kids I expect them to watch my kids and not some person I dont know.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 10:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You definitely have the right to take your child out. I would have freaked out! I'm sorry you had to go through that!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I agree with you.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 10:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You did what you had to do and you did the right thing most definitely. My first day care experience was with a registered in home day care I had referrals for from people I knew and trusted. I ended up taking my son out without notice and enrolling him a child care center with more rules, checks and balances. I saw things I didn't like and her attitude was she had been doing it forever so it must be ok. I also turned her into the agency that licenses in my state and told them what time to come to see when she had more children than she should etc. They took her license. Good for you for stickling up for your child.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think subs and assistants are acceptable, but I would not be happy about the husband- unless he was certified. You may want to take a look at some other providers- good luck!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Not only do I agree with finding different child care, I would also report her to the state and notify the other parents about what is going on.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think you're right...however, I had no issues with my kids being left with our provider's DH - we were/are friends and I knew it would be fine. It was a rare thing but it didn't bother me. I did always know ahead of time if it was going to happen too, which helped.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• this person sounds completely unprofessional and inappropriate. You did the right thing pulling your daughter out of her care. What a silly woman, stay away from her.
    dayle7

Answer by dayle7 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think her opinion does not matter. She is unprofessional and irresponsible. I would have done the same thing you did.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I agree with you. You hired HER, not her unlicensed husband.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2010