i am in my early 40's and want to get pregnant and my dr says i am going thur perimenapause and would not have a chance at getting pregnant. has anyone gotten pregnant while going thur permenapause ?

paula196612

Asked by paula196612 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• my grandmother (on my mom's side). she was 40 and the dr. said the same thing (they were not trying though)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Did you have a blood test done?
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i was 40 and jsut had a baby 5 weeks ago!
    my last pregnancy was twins, and that was 3 years ago that i conceived them.
    i think b/c i am older my ovaries were just kicking out the eggs so they didn't get wasted.
    older women do have a better chance of conceiving twins naturally.
    tell your dh you could have two, not 0!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm assuming it wouldn't be recommended because of all the risk of defects and chromosomal disorders that a woman at your age would have on your baby if you get pregnant, not to mention if your going into menopause any time soon.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My cousin's wife is 45 right now, she was pre-menopausal when she had her tube reversal done.They did fertility treatments and Right now is is 46 and 6 months pregnant. So it is possible
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Oh my, lol I am sorry my girl friend went through this. She tried for 15 years no luck. She had all the tests and was premenapausal. She was told forget it. Well she said ok I accept that, 3 years before that she adopted alittle girl and after getting her results she got drunk that new years eve and guess what. 9 months later she had twins. I don't think anything is impossible.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• lol I meant she was 45 not she is right now. I would delete and fix my answer but i know it will take 5 points for deleting it lol
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Women who are perimenopausal get pregnant all the time. Most happen as accidents because they mistakenly believe they can't get pregnant dut to the change. The biggest problem is many end up losing the pregnancy. Those who are able to carry to term have a significantly higher risk of congenital birth defects. Especially Downs Syndrome. Be sure you've looked at all the possibilities before you decide. Challenged children are a gift...but they are often a gift that are never able to be independant. That is a lot to take on at any age.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• ok, as more and more women have babies at a later age, the risks of birth defects are not as high.
    sampling error maybe?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• my mom was told she couldnt and then she had me at 42 so it can still happen you can go to a differnet dr and see what they say
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2010