do you ever feel like a "bad" mother....at your core?

relationships was the best place to put this.....since its with ourselves,....

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 11:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I do. I love my kids, they know I love them. I want nothing but the best for them. But there are so many times I feel like I'm doing it all wrong, I'm too short-tempered or too strict or not strict enough. I keep trying to read and learn and find new and better ways to do things, so while those "bad mommy" feelings do sneak in on occasion, they just encourage me to work harder and do more to be the best mom I can. Recently, I started working out and learning to cook healthier, because a healthy mommy is better for them. When it was just about me and being unhappy with my looks, it was easy to let it go, but I want to be the best person I can for them. They're also the reason I want to go back to school and get an education. So, for me at least, I think the moments of self-doubt help me be a better mommy in the end.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 1:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• no, i know i love my kids and always try to do the best for them. that makes me a good mother imo. not perfect but definately not bad
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Sometimes
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 11:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have come to realize that no one is perfect. You can only do the very best by your child. If you have a bad day, just go to bed thinking that tomorrow is a new day and will be a fresh start. As long as you are loving your child(ren) and giving it your all you are doing your best. No one is super mom and no one honestly expects you to be.
    angieland2010

Answer by angieland2010 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Nope. I know that I give motherhood my all, each and every second of every day. I devote my life to my son...so what else to I have to give, lol? I'm not perfect, but I try to be as close to the perfect mother as I can. Before being a mother, I was selfish with my time, fairly spoiled, and was used to getting my way. I'm actually amazed at how much being a mom has change me and how I've adapted. There were times when I was pregnant where I didn't know if I'd have the patience it takes, but by some miracle, it's come naturally.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My ex went to jail for dv,,he got a felony conviction for it. We lost the house, we lost so much in the process of breaking free from dv. We ended up in a one bedrm apt for two years, a dd and a ds and me. I cant tell you the number of times I have felt like a bad mother down to my core, cause my kids didnt have a normal nuclear family, living in normal nuclear suberbia. My dd is almost 18 and my son is almost 16 and they have pulled me through so much more then I can even explain here. Amazing survivor kids! Super dang proud of these two and everything we have gone through to get to this point.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yes
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My kids are grown and turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. :) I am very proud of them. No one is perfect. No one can provide a "perfect" childhood. We do the best we can and pray for grace.
    janel123

Answer by janel123 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• sometimes....i feel like i try so hard to be opposite of my mom that it may be worse than if i was her...but i know at the end of the day hes my world and i am his.
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• all the time!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010