Should I accept this baby shower and was it tacky for my mom to do this?

O.K. I am due with my fifth kid and my last child was born 8 years ago. I have not had support with a couple of my closest friends through this pregnancy. Although one did show up last week with some goodies and told me she loved me. That was nice but we used to talk 4 times a week at least. To make a long story short, my mom has been staying and helping me because I am due in 4 weeks and she just told me that she asked this friend of mine to help plan a baby shower for me. This friend said she was thinking about doing that but never came around to it and would help. My mom told me what they were planning. I kind of feel like this friend could not say no and went along with it. Was this tacky for my mom to ask this lady? And should I accept this shower even though this was not my friends idea but my moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would accept it.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think you should accept the shower, if someone wants to do something nice for you, you should be appreciative. Maybe it's your friends way of showing support.
    Daltonswife

Answer by Daltonswife at 11:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Your friend could have said she didn't have enough time or begged off. Maybe she does want to help out to make up for not being there. I would try to relax and enjoy it. If you want to you can call your friend and say if you feel roped into it don't feel like you have to, but I think she'd have found a way out if she really wanted to. I think your mom had your best interests at heart and maybe didn't realize you two weren't as close as you have been.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Accept the shower. If your friend really didn't want to she would of/or could of said no.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I agree with Dalton. How could you not accept it anyways? That would be kinda rude in my opinion. Accept it and be happy!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Why don't you give your friend a call and see if you can get some of your feelings talked out. See if she really wants to be a part of it. It would be better to know. If she is on board, then don't worry about it.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• accept it.. or call her first and see if she really is on board and if she is, show you are grateful ;]
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would accept it and be happy someone was thinking of me and doing something.  I'm having my 5th child in 2 weeks and have never had a baby shower.  No one has ever thought to throw me one and my mom died 10 years ago.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would accept it.Your last one was 8 years ago i am sure you don't still have all the baby stuff you did with your 8 year ago.It would help you out with all the stuff you will need and you will have less stuff to buy for this one.That money you save for other thing that you may need.
    Angelmom03

Answer by Angelmom03 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2010