Help! I am TERRIFIED of this cat!!

I posted a question on here a while back ago about this cat. So, brief history again.
We rescued this cat from a shelter, she was VERY affectionate and loving at first. About a week or two later, she started acting ... off. She was pooping in random places, not peeing, just pooping. Then she would start yowling like a crazy cat! My DH was in the other room when the cat started this, and he actually said it sounded like I was beating the hell out of her, which I was NOT doing. She was TERRIFIED of my son and I, even though she hadn't been. It was literally an overnight thing.
I've tried being patient, cornering off the laundry room so it can be her own quiet and private area away from other dogs and one other cat I'm holding on to. I've tried letting her come to me. She was doing AWESOME again. Cuddly, playful, eating and drinking great.
Now... she's even WORSE. She's started hissing and snapping at everyone and everything.

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pets

• Is she fixed? Sounds like she is in heat...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• She used to prefer my DH over anyone, and she bit him today! He went berserk, stating that she now needs to go and he refuses to put our kiddos in jeopardy over this crazy cat.
    I agree, but I'm terrified of her! I don't even want to go near her.
    She hides, and glares at you. If you don't know where she is, and even go within 5 feet near her, she hisses, yowls, and snaps.

What do I do? What can I do? I want to get rid of her... but I don't want to just pawn her off. And I'm even terrified to put her in a kennel to take her somewhere, like a rescue or shelter.
    ManicMomma02

Comment by ManicMomma02 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Good bye Cat!!!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• did you get her checked out by a vet? they can get like that if they are not feeling well. it sounds like she is having some sort of pain with her gi tract
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It does sound as though she is in heat. It is also possible that she has a urinary blockage. I'd get her checked by a vet very soon.

Answer by Bmat at 11:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Throw a towel over her, put on long sleeves, and take her to the vet. I hope she has had her shots. She sounds as though she is in considerable pain.

Answer by Bmat at 11:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• She's either in heat or really sick. Cats don't have split personality disorder, so she needs medical attention.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We did take her to the vet last week, when she did start going into heat. I mean.. it was blatantly obvious she was starting to. Had her rear up, rubbing up against everything, etc, etc.
    He checked her out, and she was fine. Just normal... heat issues.

She did stop pooping everywhere about 3 weeks ago.

She's not acting like she was when she was in heat. When she WAS in heat, she was actually very affectionate. Rubbing up against us, purring, very cuddly. Playful. Now she's this vicious psycho cat.
    She was declawed (front and back paws) by her previous owner, which is SO DAMN CRUEL, and she can't even be an outside cat because of it... but if she did have her claws, we'd all be flayed.
    ManicMomma02

Comment by ManicMomma02 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'd take her to the vet? I'm not a cat person so I really don't know other than cats are crazy!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You need to have a well cat checkup, a lot of the mentioned symptoms are sometimes prevelant in some fairly serious illnesses in felines.
    Did you know that cats can get Feline Dementia?
    Not saying that is what it is, but seriously, for your benefit and the cats, get her checked out.
    Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010