a lot of bad things happening to children

how in the world can someone abuse or murder a child, especially their own? i don't understand this world at all. i feel like if someone murders a child abuser or child murder, that it should be called justice, get a slap on the wrist and sent home. justice just isnt justice any more. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• ok but what if that child abuser or murder was falsely accused? and now someone has killed them, got a slap on the wrist and sent home. how is that justice??
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think that unless they're truly insane, anyone who kills or hurts their child is evil. I cannot IMAGINE EVER harming my child. That is the worst thing I can possibly think of. Harming any child is the lowest of the low, but your own? Omg, some people are sick and twisted, and I honestly don't know if there is a harsh enough punishment for people like that. Death is too easy of a punishment, if you ask me. People who molest and harm children deserve to suffer. That is one thing that I could never, EVER forgive.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• ok but what if that child abuser or murder was falsely accused? and now someone has killed them, got a slap on the wrist and sent home. how is that justice??"

I think the OP is referring to the ones who are guilty, not the falsely accused.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i think they should be severely punished.. the ones that are truely guilty of the crime.. who the hell can do this to their own kids?!
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• lol lovingsahmommy...... of course if you're falsely accused it's not always immediately apparent. some people have been sitting in prision for years convicted of a crime that they didn't do.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Ever single time I hear any stories in the news about a child getting abused an any shape or form I cry every single time, and actually feel sick to my stomach. My daughter is only 2, but I'm terrified to have her stay the night at a friends house, or go to the movies with her friends, or even ride her bike around the neighborhood..... the world is full of nasty EVIL people... and I think the only fair punishment is doing to them what they did to the poor children.
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• lol lovingsahmommy...... of course if you're falsely accused it's not always immediately apparent. some people have been sitting in prision for years convicted of a crime that they didn't do."

I also think that someone should only be convicted if there is solid evidence. I know what you're saying, but I meant that I think the OP was saying how it's not fair to the ones who are undoubtedly guilty to get off with such easy punishment. Yes, there are some people who are falsely accused, but that is the high minority.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You do realize that 50 years ago there was no such thing as "child abuse"? There were no laws against it, to make it a crime. Now, 50 years later, we can't even discipline our children in public without fear of CPS (or the equivalent) being called on us. It is a cycle, and poverty is a large part of that, as is lack of education. I think it would be more productive to try to help those who abuse, rather than just saying that they deserve to die because they don't know better. Child molesters and child killers are a different category altogether, though. They generally do deserve a harsh sentence, and I was under the impression that those people DID get a harsher sentence.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I disagree that poverty and lack of education are a big part of it. Many child molesters and abusers are well educated people who work nice jobs, have a nice home and are not someone you would suspect of child abuse/molestation. Many times a child molester is someone the child is in contact with daily that you would never suspect. I agree the laws have made it so you can't discipline your children at all. It takes a lot to get a person convicted of things when it comes to a child because law wnfocement have had to make it so that the child uses proper terms to help with evidence.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2010