I need your help. I've missed my period by around 9 days now, and on home prego test i come up not prego. But i had sex during my ovulation time. What should i do? What do you think is happening? I feel like i have some signs, but i dont know what to really do about it. Any ideas? Thanks. (:

I need help, please help me. I dont know what to do about it. Its very od that i missed my period for a while, and im very sexually active, and yet im not picking up on hpt's.

JayJay15939

Asked by JayJay15939 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• you could always schedule an appt. with the ob/gyn and they will be able to tell you right then and there from just squeezing your tummy. they could also order up a blood test to see what's up.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Go get a blood test from your OB. It is the only way to know for sure. My middle child I NEVER home tested positive for.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Some people do not ever get a positive on a hpt. The only way to be POSITIVE if you are pregnant or not is a blood test. Missing your period for 9 days is unusual, but if you are stressed, this may effect your period. Get into you OBGYN or your local health department for accurate testing.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 11:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Call your doctor and get a Blood test. You can get false negitives, it happened to me too. !
    JennaC2010

Answer by JennaC2010 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Thanks guys. That was a help. Thursday im planning to go get the blood work done. Because im the type of person who is never off with my period, at the most 1 or 2 days. 9 just seemed a little od, and im not planning to have a kid but i notcied ive been having sex alot around my ovulation time and i think its very possible if i am. Im kinda hoping no becuase im only 18. On the bright side im getting married in 4 months to my high school sweetheart, so it wouldnt be the end of the world. Guess ill have to waiit and find out. A litttle nervous!
    JayJay15939

Comment by JayJay15939 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Make sure you take a test first thing in the morning b/c that is when your pee is the strongest. I've also been told it take 2 weeks after you concived to show up on a test. Or just go get a blood test to be 100% sure.
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I also got pregnant at 18 and it wasn't planned of course, but my daughter is the best thing that has EVER happened to me! I'm not saying if your end up not being pregnant to go out and get pregnant b/c it has also been diffcult for me, but also a child is a true blessing!!! I'm 21 now and have a 2 year old and wouldn't change anything for the world!!! Good luck :-)
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Welll thank you trishy7 Thats goood, and i know i wouldn't want kids any time soon, but it it happens, it happens. I've always loved kids so like i said it wouldnt be the end of my life. Plus the father is around so i wouldnt be at it alone! Its just od missing your period 9 days when you never skip a month. Just a little scary at times. I hate not knowing things.
    JayJay15939

Comment by JayJay15939 (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm goin thru the same thing except I haven't had a period for over a mth and breast swelling. I have a young dd so I really don't want to be pregant. I have been on implanon for about 7 mths so I shouldn't even be able to get pregnant...ugg stressful if I am. Goodluck
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 11:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Woah. Thats very od. Your going to want to get yourself to a doctor if your a month late. One of the most commone first signs of preggers is tender and swollen breasts. Gooodluck to you too hunny. Ive also used aloot of protection, and sometimes things just well happen. Hope it works out in your favor.
    JayJay15939

Comment by JayJay15939 (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2010