nontypical reaction to "bug bites"

my baby is 2 years old and last summer we started to notice that when he got a bug bite he didnt get the typical spot like my husband and i or our other kids. It looks like a boil, and is hard and looks infected and just awful. Its always the same thing to every bite but he doesnt seem to think that it itches or hurts or anything, also sincehe was about 9 months old (also the first time we had our gas fire place lit since hed been born) hes gotton burned around 8 times, the last being in march when we went camping, since he doesnt scream or cry when it happens were not sure when excatly it happens, but his little fingers get the same reaction you would think of with a burn only he doesnt seem to think that it hurts or aything, his doctor says he cant see a reason for it and seems completly healthy. So has anyone else experienced bites like these and if so what to do about them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Health

• My 2 yr old is extremely sensitive to bites. If she gets bitten it is at least 1 month of neosporin before it is healed and when she cries or is upset they still show up. It is so bad that we have to use Avon skin so soft on her to keep bugs away. It never fails no one else will get bit and she always will. We are very careful to monitor any exposue to mosquitos. They give her the most severe reaction. She has not been stung by a bee yet.

EmandMike

Answer by EmandMike at 12:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My youngest gets HUGE hard lumps when he gets bit by a mosquitoes. His eye actually swelled shut earlier this summer when a bug bit him in the lower corner of his eye by his nose. This scares me because his aunt (she is 22) has the same reaction to mosquitoes and she has a severe bee allergy.

Regarding the burns, has he had a pain tolerance test? He may have a high tolerance for pain. I would ask your doctor about how to tell if he feels pain or not. Good luck!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 11:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• sounds like he has sensory issues along with allergies to bug bites/use bug spray & keep him in pants/long shirts no "summer" clothes.. I would baby proof all dangerous things like the fire place..
    get him help for his sensory issues. his no reaction to burns & the bug bites..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• btw my 7 got bite close to her eye & her whole eye swell up it looked awful I have to make sure she has bug spary on at all times in the summer/spring/fall
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010