i feel so awkward now

well, I guess I've completely blown another friendship. My friend Meg was texting me this morning and she said that she had a bad day, so I said "aw, cheer up, I still love ya" and she texted back and said that makes her feel weird for me to say I love ya, and that since we've only been friends for six months that I shouldn't be saying that...that I couldn't possibly love her in six months...now I just feel awkward and wierd. I mean, I hve said that to other friends and they have thought it was cute and said it back. now, I wonder if its cheesey or if even hugging my friends is overstepping boundaries. I talked about it with my hubby and he said she's wack and that its her loss. what do you guys think?

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• sounds like she has her own internal issues to deal with! I tell my friends "love you" when getting off the phone and on facebook and stuff. It's silly for her to get upset by it IMO
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• she's being stupid. i agree with your hubby. her loss
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• oh poo, i don't think it was a bad thing to say
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I always tell people "love ya". I agree with first response... sounds like she has issues. Maybe she isnt as much a friend as you believed?
    SupriseImPregy

Answer by SupriseImPregy at 11:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i wouldn't think it was weird. Some ppl are just different....
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I agree with your hubby. Her loss. I have a friend that I just reconnected with and she writes on my FB wall everyday that she misses me.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think that's completely weird of HER to respond that way. I would tell her what bothered het about it and that you didn't mean to offend her. But if she continues to be weird then forget her
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• wierd. I'd just let her know I tell all my friends I love them!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i think maybe your friend is a lesbian and maybe took you saying you loved her a little too seriously. She has to be lesbian! She must think you want some kind of relationship with her or something..crazy!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• well I understand what she means. BUT she never should have said anything to you about it. Some people throw around the love word a lot...maybe they mean it maybe they don't. I assume when they say I love YA then it is a term of endearment. When I hear I love YOU I take it as they are really saying they love me. Personally either way she should have taken it as a show of friendship and support.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 12:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2010