Assuming that complete recovery were instantaneous...

would you be willing to accept a year of paralysis to prevent the otherwise certain extinction of a species of animal?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. Animals are tasty for eating. Sometimes, we eat all of them and move on to the next tasty morsel.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• nope
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think so, if I knew someone could care for my kids. Obviously, me being paralyzed wouldn't save anything, in truth, but I do feel that we don't do nearly enough for this amazing world we live in and the creatures that inhabit it.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 12:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No. it part of the natural order for things to go extinct though it is sad that man hurries that process along.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yikes, I don't think I could do it.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 12:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Oh god, this is tough! Complete paralysis? As in head to toe? I wanna say that it depends on the species of animal. Maybe if it were a really intelligent species, with no other species of animal resembling it. If not, no, I don't think I could do it. Well, I DON'T KNOW still, lol. While a year is a long time, it would be pretty neat to know that you saved an entire species. I'll tell you one thing...if it were dogs...I'd definitely do it. I'm a huge dog lover. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Umm...the Anon answer above was me..I clicked anon on accident. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• SAHmommy-dogs, definitely.

other than that, nope. it's the circle of life...... (lion king much? i have to watch it now)
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 12:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• op-would you?
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 12:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't think I could do it. I can't even sit still for 3 minutes without shifting, wiggling my feet, looking around. Not to mention, having to have someone else bathe me and wipe my butt? Never by choice.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2010