Have you ever had a cramp on the top part of your foot?

I just had the craziest experience. I was sitting there with my ankles crossed and when I moved the top foot I got this shooting pain on the top of my other foot (the right in this case). Felt like I had banged it on something except I was just sitting there. Then my toes started to tingle and they felt like they were being pulled back towards the top of my foot.
When I tried to stand up I couldn't because of the pain. It took me several minutes before I realized it was a cramp and I had to curl my toes under and put pressure on them to stretch the muscle out (and that HURT like hell the first time).
Now my foot is sore.
I also get cramps in my neck...those hurt and there's not much you can do to stop them.

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 12:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like you got a Charlie horse in your foot. Strange place to get one. I know how it feels though, they suck!!! I also get spasms in my neck and back muscles. If I could afford it, I would get frequent pro massages, because those helped me!!! Hubby SUCKS at massages...
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 12:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes! More often than that, I get toe cramps, always in my second largest toe. It's awful. You don't realize how much pain a toe can cause you until it happens.

Years ago, I took my sister to the movies for her birthday, and wound up spending about 4 minutes in the floor in front of my seat, giggling at the absurdity of the immense pain I was in - all over a toe cramp!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yes but dont know the cause
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 12:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I get to cramps all the time.  The worst is when you're in the car (even worse if you are driving) and have no where to move to so you can work the cramp out.

And since I've been pregnant I've been getting massive ones in my calves.  I haven't had those since I was a teen.  They SUCK!  I remember I woke up on my birthday when I turned 14 or 15 and got a cramp in both calves.  My mom came in to surprise me and found me tangled in my sheets, in tears and near ready to scream.  Luckily she was there to show me how to stretch the muscles out.

The one on the top of my foot was new to me, though.

Oh, and I also get the back spasms where one little muscle will cramp up.  I hate those, too.

justanotherjen

Comment by justanotherjen (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2010