What is agreat tasting diet? I want to do just 1,000 calories a day.

I am currently 150 pounds and 4'9, I want to weigh about 120 or 115. I have had 2 children and thanks to being on birth control my weight has sky rocketed. I hate healthy food but love veggies. I plan on running every morning starting tomorrow.I also drink many Cokes, that is my biggest thing. How many cokes can I have a day and still lose weight? What are the best food choices for under 1,000 calories?How much weight will I lose with just 1000 calories a day? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• you will gain weight with 1000 calories a day hun. the minimum you can do is 1200. when you start counting calories you will have to pay attention to portion. if you want to blow 200 calories on a coke then that's on you bc you could have had a cup of broccoli for 30 calories. if you love veggies that's great bc generally you get a lot of veggies for a small amount of calories. just remember if you're counting calories you have to write everything down and accurately measure everything with a scale or using a measuring cup. this is how i lose weight and i have always been very successful.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• 1000 is too low I think...how many do you eat now? what about diet coke-no calories there ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i have never counted calories, EVER, i just pay attention to fat and sugar content and eat when i am hungry. you should try to drink lots of water and skim milk, ..and also i have never gained weight on birth control..is it possible it has made you more tired or hungry?
    ahasugar

Answer by ahasugar at 12:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• never go with a "diet"
    just change your eating habits and the least calorie amount you should go with is 1500
    what you do is look at the calorie count of everything you want to eat and decide what you want to "spend" your calories on...15 baby carrots is 45 calories which is great! a candy bar is over 200...what do you want to eat that will take up those calories?
    Forget Diet soda they actually make a person gain weight because of the extra carbonation
    regular soda is 170 calories, fine have one but that is it and decide when you want it.
    changing your ways of eating for total weight loss has to do with self control. If you do not have self control to begin with then you can expect failure.
    Fruits and veggies are always low calorie choices so stick with those and "GOOGLE" metabolism boosting foods and you will find nuts and peanut butter is on that list. I recommend those highly! they are packed with ""B"" vitamans
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You will do so much better if you cut out soda entirely
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 12:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I'm sorry but that is too low of a number. I would say at least 1300. Goodluck
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I'd cut sodas down to one can a day, and then try and get rid of them completely. 1,000 calories a day is too low though your body will go into starvation mode and even if you do lose weight at first you'll start packing the pounds on later. Depending on how you eat now I'd try to cut your calories down slowly. That's what I do to lose weight. I go down to 2,000 and then 1,800 then to 1,500 moderate exercise three times a week and strenuos exercise twice a week. it helps me lose weight steadily and my doctor told me it was healthier that way.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Questions like this make me cringe.

Your body needs AT LEAST 1200 calories a day in order to function. No, you won't die in a day but your overall health will decline if it keeps going on. You need MORE if you're exercising.

You can't drink soda and expect to be healthy. It doesn't work like that. MAYBE one every two weeks is okay, but certainly not every day.

You WILL gain the weight back IF you do lose weight. You need a lifestyle change, not a fad diet.

Also think you're asking for a miracle. Going to down to 115 with your height seems odd to me.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes; some are actually dangerous. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 8:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2010