I am about to graduate from college with a BS degree in Psychology, but my overall GPA is 2.48.

I am a 24 year old young woman. I love animals and I want to work with animals in the wild or at a zoo. I am depressed because I am graduating with a low GPA. I feel like I just want to cut my brain in half. I really hate thinking and learning about anything. How can I stop feeling depressed? Should I develop new interests?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• honestly it's either you have the degree or you don't. unless you're applying to grad school or something you don't have to worry about your gpa. i have a bs in animal science and was a zookeeper for a couple of years. talk about hard work and no pay lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If you want to work with animals I don't think psychology is the correct route unless you want to work with animals in the sense of child psychology and healing. That might be what you could intern as for your MS
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Why not take some time off after school and take a job that will pay enough to pay the bills but is a no brainer like retail or waiting tables IF you can't get a job with animals. Or try to get a job at a vet's office or some place more willing to let you gain the experience you might need to bridge to a job you really want?
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You're GPA does matter!!! Some jobs look at it, some don't. Why didn't you work harder? If you want to do something else with you're life than do it. Apply for those jobs and move on.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• GPAs don't really matter. Most employers won't ever know it! If you want to go into a particular job - then go for it! Good luck! And congrats on graduating!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2010