I am about to graduate from college with a BS degree in Psychology, but my overall GPA is 2.48.

I am a 24 year old young woman. I love animals and I want to work with animals in the wild or at a zoo. I am depressed because I am graduating with a low GPA. I feel like I just want to cut my brain in half. I really hate thinking and learning about anything. How can I stop feeling depressed? Should I develop new interests?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't worry too much about your GPA. I can't think of any employer who ever asked me about my GPA. Its "Do you have a degree" not "do you have a degree with a GPA higher than 3.0" I graduated Summa Cum Laude and no one cares. =) Don't get too down on yourself. A degree is a piece of paper that says "I can learn"
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Go about it positive...you have a degree...which is more than many can say. Be happy you have a 2.48 instead of a 2.0
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 12:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i personally wouldn't want to go to a PSYCHOLOGIST who barely passed college with a 2.4 gpa....If you love animals maybe try a different route?
    Mrs.Loeffel

Answer by Mrs.Loeffel at 12:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree dont worry I dont even have a degree!! My dad always said that a degree in basket weaving was better than no degree at all!! I would most defn. think that applies to you as well!! Good luck and congrats!
    amberwaves26

Answer by amberwaves26 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• what's up with the cut the brain in half comment? lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Go to school for something that you are interested it. Makes a difference in your GPA. I agree with the PP that said, I wouldn't want to go to a Psychologist that had a 2.4 GPA...not even passing for graduation in 2 programs for Psych that I am looking at enrolling in.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010