Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, or Smart Ones?

I am starting a diet tomorrow and I've never really tried any of the low-cal frozen meals before so I just wanted to get some opinions on which ones are the best.

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Those things aren't any better than eating them fresh. They only try and teach portion control. Why not cook instead of relying on them?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I like the flavor of the Healthy Choice ones the best but that is personal preference. I will tell you to check out fiber content when you're picking foods...the higher the fiber, the more filling! You'll be thankful for it!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I usually look at all of them and choose a few from all 3. My favorite is the Smart Ones broccoli and potatoes...SOO good!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Healthy choice tastes the best to me. It's real food and it tastes good, like real food. That and it'll fill you up.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• The only ones that don't taste icky to me, are the healthy choice meals. They have so many choices and every one I have tried has been surprisingly yummy! :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I just get Lean Cuisine because Costco carries a 4 pack.

I only get them to eat when I'm tired and don't feel like cooking, not to actually use for any real dieting purpose (I even eat them now when I'm pregnant).  I usually have them for lunch every other day when I am watching what I eat.  The rest of the time I just eat healthy stuff.

I've never really tried the other brands because they are too expensive for me to actually use every day.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I only buy those meals when they are on sale and I have my favorites with each one...but they are more for saving on calories then to be used as diet food. what you want to do is change your eating habits..and if your family wants a pizza night, it is good to whip out one of those dinners instead of pizza...but never totally rely on them as your intake of a full days worth of nourishment and calories.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I have favorites from each one. But mainly lean cuisine. I eat them when i work nights, because i only have 30 minutes and would rather have something fast and quick and decently healthy than fast food!
    kateyez2214

Answer by kateyez2214 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• None of the above - read the sodium content on them - they replace the fat with salt & chemical additives to give them flavor.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Personally i prefer the taste and selection of Lean Cuisine meals but i do think your better off eating fresh not frozen but in a pinch these meals will do. Just be careful of the sodium content most of the time there through the roof. Good luck on your diet.:)
    kelly32

Answer by kelly32 at 6:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2010