Did you marry your first love?

If not, do you ever miss them or think about them?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 12:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I married my soul mate, he wasn't my first but he was the first guy I KNEW I loved. He loves my wild side and love my hair brained thoughts as well. He makes me feel like I can do anything if I put my heart into it. He's my bestest friend.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• NO and I don't miss them. I did marry the love of my life though.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I did... was with him for 13 years, married for 10... I grew up he did not... he decided the grass was too tame on the married side of the fence... that was ten years ago... I think about him now and then usually with pity as to what he is missing out on (seeing his two boys grow up)
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No.

My first love was a guy I knew in grade school, lol.  And, yeah I think about him.  I used to have random dreams about him and tried looking him up several times online to see what he was up to just because (we had been friends for so long before we lost contact).  I always assumed one day we would run into each other and we could just compare our lives and see how they turned out.

Then his brother found me on facebook a few months ago.  Found out he died 9 years ago.  It broke my heart.  I was just devestated.  He was 24 when he died of a brain anyurism.  What crap is that?  I still have to remind myself that I'll never get that chance to sit down and catch up with him and it makes me want to cry.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Nope, but I see him all the time still... I can't really think of anything I miss about him, mostly because I can't think of anything I liked about him... That was a long long time ago!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes, I did. We broke up for a few years and dated other people, but made our way back to one another. :)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I married the first man I fell in love with. We were together about 4 years, married for 2.5. To make a long story short, I finally realized I deserved more than he was willing to give. I divorced him in 2007. I think of him every once in a while. He gave me two daughters and for that I am grateful. Other than that, I have nothing nice to say about him.
    I'm now engaged to a wonderful man who loves me as I love him. :)
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 1:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yeah, it was like a punch to the gut when he told me.  He didn't realize I didn't know but I hadn't talked to either of them in like 16 years.  Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes.  He was one of my best friends since 5th grade but we lost touch towards the end of high school and then I moved away for college.

I'm so happy his brother (who was also one of my best friends growing up) is back in my life.  We chatted on facebook like not a day had gone by.  He was like a little brother to me (he was actually best friends with my younger brother...which happened coincidentally to my friendship with his brother, lol).  I miss them both.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Then his brother found me on facebook a few months ago. Found out he died 9 years ago. It broke my heart. I was just devestated. He was 24 when he died of a brain anyurism. What crap is that? I still have to remind myself that I'll never get that chance to sit down and catch up with him and it makes me want to cry."

Omg, reading this game me goosebumps. That is so sad. I am sooo sorry. :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• gave me*
    LovingSAHMommy