how do you work and have money left after daycare?

i need a job, but i dont know how you can work and pay for 2 children to go to daycare and have ANY money left for bills etc..

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 2:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well it is too hard for me so I have child care assistance until i get a better paying job.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 3:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I unfortunately couldn't which is why I left my career.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• well i have two kids and couldnt afford 1,100 a month so i took a night job and my man has a day job and my mom watches them fri and sat .....without that i couldnt do it i wouldnt have any money left over
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 3:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I guess that it depends on your career and salary. We had two full-time incomes and could afford childcare. There is the added bonus of building your career, so your income increases over the years.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• we have a private nanny - daycare for 3 little ones was more than my paycheck!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Have you thought about working at a daycare or preschool? Most offer their employees half off childcare and some even offer free childcare. Just a thought.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I had to go to school to earn more money because there was a time that paying daycare was too much and it was hard to have any money left over. So education, time on the job, and promotions have allowed me to work. It takes time.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I couldn't and that's one of the reasons why I decided to stay home with them. Fortunately in the time since I started staying home my husband starting making a lot more money.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I couldn't so I am at home and I watch a little girl to bring in a little extra income. I worked in a daycare, received 50%, my boys only went part time, my mil watched them the other days. When we added #3 it wasn't worth it money wise for me to continue working even with them being part time and with the discount. I would look into a home daycare or someone to come to your house to watch the kids, that may be cheaper than a daycare.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I earned a bachelor's degree and built my career for years before I had my first child, and I earned my master's degree after having children. I bring home a lot more money than daycare costs for 1 preschooler and 1 school-age child. Do you have any family that can watch them part of the time so that you only have to pay for part-time daycare?
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2010