2 year old playing with contents of her diaper...

My just-turned-two year old daughter will silently (I always have a monitor on) sit in her bed and paint her walls and self with her poop, in the morning before she lets me know she's awake and before/after nap time. It's too warm for full-body pajamas, and duct tape will do no good as she often reaches in through the leg holes. She's not ready for a big girl bed, since I am SURE she would not stay in it at all, and I don't have a video monitor. I try to check on her so I can catch her before she does it, but I don't want to wake her up before she's done sleeping. We've started potty training. Any ideas to make my days less filled with scrubbing walls, washing sheets and giving baths?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would just put full body p.j.s on her. They do make some light cotton ones. She will not overheat in those.
    Ugh! My daughter did this once and I almost lost my mind. I went in her room and she had a shit eating grin on her face, literally! I didn't know what to do so I started crying:(
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• ROWL - kids will do that! They make light cotton jammies that are short sleeved and with shorts - check out carters and Walmart.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• As nasty as it is, that is completely normal... the best you can do is tell her no... unless you can find something for her to wear that she can't get into her diaper. Mine only did it a couple times and after that it lost it's fun. Mabey have her nap in the same room as you that way you can catch her before she can do it...?
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My girls never did tht thank God! I say go with the full body PJ and or wake her up a little earlier then she would normally sleep just to avoid tht mess...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 7:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My 2 year old son does the same thing, lol. Glad to know hes not the only one. I find he doesnt do it if I put him to bed in pj pants/shorts , he only does it if he is either just in a diaper or in a diaper and t-shirt.
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 8:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• eww lol no advice but good luck mamma
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 12:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2010