Are you following the story of the missing boy Kyron?

I check the news everyday hoping they find this little boy, hoping a new lead comes in. Tonight I saw that the father has filed for divorce from the step mother. It is so strange to me that he just went missing from the school. Everytime i see his picture my heart hurts for the family and for this little boy.

Is anyone else following the story?

3_ring_circus_

Asked by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I live in Portland, OR and I have followed this stoy every single day since it was breaking news. It is so sad and such a mystery. I definately think there is information the police and investigators have not released to the public. It breaks my heart this little boy is still missing and every day that goes by I feel there is less of a chance he will be found alive. I truly hope the stepmother did not have anything to do with the disappearance.
    Cameronsmom27

Answer by Cameronsmom27 at 4:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It's so sad,and scary.
    Praying for his safe return:(
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 5:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I normally don't follow private tragedies, but something about this story touched me; I set a google news alert.

I was a little surprised to see that the father has filed for divorce and has an order of protection against the step-mother for both himself and their daughter.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Something about the step mom justs doesn't jive well with me, how does a little boy go missing from inside a school? and no one has seemed to have witnessed anything, sounds to bizarre for me. I hope it turns out well but doesn't look promising. How longs it been now that he's been missing????? And no leads what so ever???
    kelly32

Answer by kelly32 at 6:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• it just reminds me of the case in FL... (which is where I think the SM got the idea from). It's not uncommon to hear a story of a missing kid that has a family member covered in suspicion, then to hear of a similar case a few months later.

I sincerely hope the family gets some closer, I feel terrible for them. I couldn't imagine what I would be doing in this situation.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I have been reading periodic updates. I don't want to point fingers, but it sounds like stepmom may be hiding something. The fact that Kyron's dad has filed for divorce clearly sends the message that SOMETHING isn't right. Just don't know what yet. i kept hoping this boy had just wandered off and was going to turn up somewhere, but I have a sinking feeling in my gut that he's not alive anymore. I hope he is, but I'm thinking otherwise. So sad :(
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Just read about the step Mom's protective order and he filed for divorce in the middle of all this! That says a LOT

Very sad...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010