Do you have any ideas?

A friend of mine has been going through a terrible time for the last year and i have given her all the support and help that i can but, it is really bad now and i can't help anymore and since you ladies are good with the advice i thought i would ask you!
She created a website to get some help (and i want to make it perfectly clear that i am NOT suggesting that you go to this site and DONATE money that is a HARD thing to do online and i told her it wasn't going to work)
What i am asking is for you to go to this website read her story and if you have ANY ideas about something she could do to get what she needs I would be soooo grateful. I can't think of anything else to say to here So here is the link.... you can either post your suggestions here and i will pass them on or go ahead and post them on her site!

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 5:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go to social services, they pay for her move. Anything job related if she is getting services they will payfor her to keep the job, if that means moving so be it.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I hope that your friend has a written offer with a contract guaranteeing a minimum of one year of employment. It would be a horrible tragedy if she moved across the country only to find herself unemployed in a strange place.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• babysit for a few days.. ask her local church for assistance.. do a benefit at home... ask neighbors for chance to do housecleaning/yard work for some money.. Do a car wash..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree with xxhazeldovexx .
    She's not gonna get any money from people off the internet.
    If she really needs just an extra $500, i'm sure she could get it with a little sweat.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Babysitting is a great way, try cleaning for a few friends...you know there is something to be said about something for nothing, know what I mean....But house cleaning for example can pay like 70 bucks a home, 2 a day for 3 days ...etc maybe a promisory note to someone signed ...borrowing the money, and repaying when they arrive...
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Can she call the company and see if they'll front her some of her pay up front to help with the moving costs?
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• www.nootherchoice.webs.com
    momofone072506

Comment by momofone072506 (original poster) at 5:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• oh and please no bashing...I have known her for 10 years and i am sick thinking about how hard her life has been and i just need some suggestions!
    momofone072506

Comment by momofone072506 (original poster) at 5:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• ditto to rkoloms
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It's actually a great opportunity working for a news station and they have offered a 3 year employment contract...and its her dream job...which is why i am hoping someone can give me an idea of how to help her get there by the 6th....I have helped her look at every scenario of how she could do it (for example she goes first and stays in a hotel things like that) and it seems like no matter what she is anywhere from 300-500 dollars short..So come on ladies your smart help me think of something creative to help her as quickly as she needs it!!!

momofone072506

Comment by momofone072506 (original poster) at 6:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2010