5 months postpartum bleeding after sex

I had a really rough pregnancy and delivery, and I was rarely in the mood, to say the least! Anyway, we just started having sex again like 3 weeks ago (about 4.5 months after delivery). Every time after sex now, I bleed. I can't figure out if it's internal or external! Anyone else have this issue?
And on a side note... I'm finding sex to be *way* better than before the baby- is that weird or what! I always thought after having a baby, things would be different- but in a bad way. Maybe he stitched me up extra tight? lol (I did quite a bit of tearing)

LeiLana80

Asked by LeiLana80 at 6:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• It could be that since it has been some time since you were really active, that your body needs to stretch some. Or since it seems to be 'way better' maybe you are getting a little rougher than you think you are. Since you were stiched up quite a bit, it may be that they are just pulling during sex. If you only notice a small amount of blood, I wouldn't worry too much but if it increases or you notice some definate pain, I would call the doc.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i would call the doc and ask to get in. something may not be healed completely, if you had a really bad tear. idk..but you prob should hold off on the sex until you get checked out, or at least only use oral or fingerplay. any pain during, or afterward?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• There is pain during and it's kinda sore afterward. I got checked by my doc a little over 3 months after delivery (I had missed and rescheduled my "6 week" appointment), and he said I was fine.
    I'm guessing he just stitched me up tight and I have to allow time to stretch out again.
    I hate how different your body is after pregnancy and labor!
    LeiLana80

Comment by LeiLana80 (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2010