What ever happened to family friendly tv shows?

All the stuff on is garbage that do not want my children watching

munchkinaplenty

Asked by munchkinaplenty at 7:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• So many of us have just become numb to the whole thing. We've started having a reading night and shut the tv off. It was hard at first but now they all look forward to finding out what is going to happen next. We are reading "The Indian In The Cupboard" series right now.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• you're right, and i hate sounding like my mother, but its all trash-talk and sex! murders galore..i mean, sure, i like a good murder mystery, but not for my 5yo..and the reruns are broadcast on several channels all hours of the day. there is no PRIME TIME anymore.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I miss the good wholesome shows like Cosby and Facts of Life!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I guess the only ones around are things like iCarly, Victorious and so on... there are NONE on regular network TV.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree...I have to DVR all my shows because there is always a part that I don't want my girls watching...Like IhartU said, icarly and the like (with the exception of Hanna Montana) are the only shows my girls watch
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I have no clue what you are talking about honestly. I watched things like Looney Toons, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, etc. as a kid and they are FAR worse than the cartoons on nowadays.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i guess it depends on one's definition of family friendy. we never limited dd unless there was a warning at the beginning of the show, nor did we let her watch alot of tv without us. we started out watching tv together. all those violent crime shows has made her want to work in the criminal justice field.
    Jewelzgirl

Answer by Jewelzgirl at 8:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• There is more money to be made in reality t.v. because they don't have to pay actors a fair salary? People stopped watching them? People in t.v. power don't want to produce them? Politics?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2010