Were Washington, Franklin and Jefferson free masons?

munchkinaplenty

Asked by munchkinaplenty at 7:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know Washington was. He wore the Free Mason apron to the ceremony when the building began in D.C. as he presided over the ceremony. Jefferson opposed them but then joined, and Franklin was a member. It wasn't a satanic group as is popular to say now. It was, by the time they joined, a social club with all the important connections of the social networking needed just like today. All three of these men were very religious contrary to the movement to rewrite history and make them anti-religion. This just isn't true. Read their papers and their works. You will find they were very faithful.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• From what I know about them, yes.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Washington, & Franklin were. BOTH the president Franklin & Ben Franklin. It was a big rumor that Jefferson was a Freemason. He accompanied himself with a lot of Freemasons but no one has any actual evidence that he was one. From what i read, Jefferson was not actually a freemason, that it was just rumored due to association. There were many presidents that were though.

My grandfather was a freemason which led me to do a lot of research about them. Very interesting stuff if you ask me.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I'm pretty sure they were
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Freemasons were very a very religious group, except for they taught the teachings of ALL RELIGIONS. People who were members of the Freemasons had to learn all about Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, christianity, Buddhism. They learned it all & taught it all. They were actually an extremely open minded group of people.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Wait u mean Washington the guy on the quaker oats box? Tha dude that crossed the Delaware on the Mayflower w/ Betty Ross? Who the heck r them other 2? Oh wait I know........... George Jefferson?! Rite? But i dont remember him doin any masonry work on the show but if ne of them were doin masonry stuff it prob wasn't free i dont think? Idk I think I was asleep in class that day?! More than likely.
    Mz_Momm25

Answer by Mz_Momm25 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2010