To the parents of kids with sensory issues that affect clothing choices...

Have you seen this? http://www.softclothing.net/

I will make it clicky...

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 8:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 8:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Those look kind of neat. My oldest has sensory issues but not with clothes. His is with sounds. Honestly, I think he could hear a pin drop on carpeting on the other side of the house.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Thanks so much! BTW: There are ear plug headbands that can help with the auditory sensitivity. (You can buy them at Wal-Mart) Of course, the OT was the biggest help for us.
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 8:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Thanks ARgal! I'll try to find those! His biggest complaint right now is that he can hear the TV from the other room, even with the volume so far down we can't hear it at all. So he turns up his TV so loud the walls are vibrating. But the ear plugs will be very helpful for school work (when he complains his brother is too loud turning pages).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• thank you! My almost 5 year old won't wear jeans, any clothes with buttons or snaps...... as you can imagine, that is getting harder to find the older he gets
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Thanks for the link!! I will definately add it to my favorites list and see what-all they have. All 3 of my boys have various sensory issues.....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Y'all are welcome. I thought it was neat and would be helpful, so, I couldn't resist. LOL

I think m son has very slight Auditory issues, but, not anything we can't just deal with. No clothes issues though.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2010