Crafts for 1 and 2 year olds?

I need some ideas for some crafts to do with my son who is 1 year and my nephew that is 2 years old. The only thing I can think of is finger painting. =/ Thanks!

NatesMommy118

Asked by NatesMommy118 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stamps are always fun, playdoh or air dry clay.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• That's a hard age.

I have some aqua doodle pens and activity sheets that my 16 mos likes.
    Playdoh for the 2 year old if he won't put it in his mouth.
    Coloring - even just scribbling at this age is good.

Other activities that aren't crafts are:
    playing bubbles
    Sandbox (if you have one), or just playing in the dirt.
    playing catch
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 8:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Fingerpainting is good. Also, making "glue" from flour & water, having bowls of different pastas and colorful cereals to "glue" onto cardboard (cut up diaper boxes) is something we've done. Edible playdough (peanut butter is the base) is fun, too.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I made edible finger paint once by adding food coloring to vanilla pudding. I covered the table in wax paper and let them play. :)
    Saphie

Answer by Saphie at 8:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• cereal necklaces

finger paint with pudding

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My children and I went to a craft day at the public library where we used recyclable items to make crafts! :) You can get egg cartons and some pipe cleaners and make little animals. Adding googley eyes make them even more fun. :) Water and other bottles can be cleaned out, put a couple of colors of paint in them (about 1 tbsp of each color) and shake them up, add fins and eyes or even wings and you have fish or airplanes/ships! :) Use pipe cleaners, tissue paper and egg carton parts (the bump part where the egg sits) and you can make flowers for mommy. Or use the egg cartons to make catapillars and such too. :) There is so much you can do with really very little. And of course the ifnger painting is always a winner.
    Also check with your public library. They may do crafts and classes there like at mine, or at least reading time. And also in my town Home Depot has classes where kids can make bird houses and such.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• at that age big crayons and lots of paper is fun.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010