Who is your hero?

If you could only pick one person, who is your hero, and why?

mommy11260

Asked by mommy11260 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My father, he grew up with 11 brothers and sisters, his Mom died when he was 4,,my grandfather had came from Germany, and they were dirt poor, my Dad didn't even finish the 8th grade, he left home worked odd jobs, joined the Navy, fought in Korea, and then opened his own business. He is the best father anyone could EVER ask for,, he used to get beat with a belt, denied food , all kinds of horrible stuff, instead of making him the same way,, he vowed NEVER to let his children go through what he did,, he is the BEST!!! He will be 80 this winter and still as awesome as ever!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Only one? How bout a set? My parents are my heros. They have made it thru soooooo much & are still very much in love. Their marriage has been a great example to me of how to work together to overcome the difficulties life throws @ you. Thru it all they stand united. I put them thru sooooooooo much shit as a teen, then my brother did, then my sister did. Thru it all they maintained their poise, grace, & undying love for us. No matter what was going on or what I did I knew they loved me, supported me & would fight on my side against any body who was trying to harm me. I only hope I can be 1/2 as good to my dd as they were & still are to me!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My hero is the prophet muhammad peace be upon him. He was perfect in every way and went through so much and had to take it all to be a good example to mankind.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Right now a good friend who is doing so well on her recovery from anorexia/bulemia,cutting and substance abuse. It has been long and hard and always a struggle but right now I am grateful for her being here and fighting the good fight. She is my hero!
    dcawoman

Answer by dcawoman at 9:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• batman
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i don't have any heros.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• The man who jumped in the Potomac after the 1982 plane crashed at the 14th street bridge to save the flight attendant from the freezing water. He didn't think about the danger to himself; he did it because he couldn't stand watching that woman fall back into the water from the helicopter rescue attempt again. He rescued her and then went home. He didn't want interviews, He didn't want his name known. He even said afterwards it was probably the stupidest thing he had ever done. He just didn't think it through at the time. It was selfless. Bravery in the face of fear with no expectation of reward. That is a hero. Pres. Reagan thought so too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PixWSSeKGtI&feature=related

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I cannot pick one. I also avoid putting people on pedestals because it is a lonely place to be.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2010