Do you want your children

to grow up to be like you? Why or why not?

mommy11260

Asked by mommy11260 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that depends..are we talking about character? yes. work ethics? yes. mistakes? no, he'll have his own. come out of his 20s unscathed? heck yeah! reserved? no. physically fit? yes. a better saver? yes. more well-read? yes.
    be able to look back, when he's 41, and say, ''well, i've done all right..think i'll continue.'' yes!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If my daughter grew up to be like me I would be happy with it. If I could tweak her life a bit, I'd have her finish college and wait a little longer to start having babies. But by and large, I'd be happy for her.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I want them to grow up to be like themselves, Im a stay at home mother of 5 and if my daughters choose to be the same way then wonderful if they choose to become business women and not even have children then that is wonderful as well, My main goal is for them to be happy with themselves , if I can accomplish that I will be satisfied.
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 9:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes, definitely. I try hard to be the person that I am, I just hope she doesn't get as aggressive as I do at times. But seeing as how my 2 year old acts now, I think her aggresiveness will be even worse.lol
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes and no for me as well.
    Yes I want them to find a man that treats them well, loves them and respects them, etc. I want them to stay away from bad influences such as drugs, tobacco and alcohol. I want them to be fun loving individuals.
    No I do not want them to not finish college. I do not want them to live unhealthy lives (weight problems, etc.) or to have children at too young of an age. I want them to live without regret (I'm talking about in general, not about regretting my kids! Didn't want anyone to think I meant something different than I did.).
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes, like I am. Not necessarily the life path that I followed. I worked too hard when the children were little and didn't stop enough to play with them. I let my years in university slide when I took a job different from my studies- if I'd stayed with my field I would have made much more money and established myself professionally. I would want her to meet a man as good as her father, and I"d want her to have similar philosophies and values.

Answer by Bmat at 9:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yes and no
    yes=i am a good person
    no= i want her to have a loving, kind man who really loves her (if that exists)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I hope that my daughters will share the good traits that I have. I hope they don't pick up on the bad ones :) I also hope they will avoid some of the mistakes that I made along the line, even though some of they mistakes are learning experiences that helped shape who I am. They were very painful lessons to learn. Overall, I'd be okay with them turning out like me.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes, I hope that my children grow up to be like my husband and I.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would want my son to have the same values as me and my husband. However I have a lot of fears and I hope my son is not afraid.
    lvf103

Answer by lvf103 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2010