your AF..as you got closer to 40 (and beyond), how did it change?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 9:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• well I am not 40 yet , 38.. but mine began to really change when I turned 34.. that is when I starting having pms and crazy symptoms and very heavy bleeding. now it has gotten shorter in length and flooding has stopped but I am still having pretty bad pms.. hoping that will slack off soon.
    munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 10:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Mine got shorter, less predictable, and a bit lighter when I was over 35.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It's been almost 9 years since I had a period and I don't miss it one little bit lol.   I had a hysterectomy 4 days after my 38th birthday.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• phooey, beeky! no fair!
    i'm just curious, because mine seem to get longer, although not a daily thing-there's usually two days mid-af with nothing..and heavier. no problems, just annoyed and ready to get it over with!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Heavier and more painful. Then I had the Novasure procedure and it's gone. Yay!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i am 45 and no change
    ?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Hi, Mine got shorter to around 24-25 days. Then I had a chemicle preg. Then they turned to 31 days for the last 3 of 4 months. 2 out of 4 of those months i got ovarian cysts that resolve each month and no ovulation those 2 months. So I would say abnornal for sure.
    Nenej007

Answer by Nenej007 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Mine started to get very irregular in mid-2009 and by february this year, I was having heavy cycle with severe cramping caused by fibroids. I ended up having a hysterectomy in the beginning of April, the doctor left one ovary. I'll be 41 in september.
    Barcelonalove

Answer by Barcelonalove at 9:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I am 47 and mine is every 21 days without fail...last about 5-6 dys and the older and closer i get it gets heavier and more clotting. I agree...phooey@!
    kkleywegt41

Answer by kkleywegt41 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I'm 43 & it just got a little lighter over the past few years. Doesn't last as many days. You may need a D&C if it gets a lot longer. The walls of your uterus become thicker and the body interprets this and tries to remove the thickened lining and you end up bleeding longer. I had my Son 3 years ago so that may be why it's a light flow. Prior to that I had about 4 D&C's and afterwards the flow became lighter. Just something to think about if you are concerned, you could speak to your OBGYN.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2010