Irregular Bleeding between Cycles

I'm trying to figure out whats going on here exactly with my body...two days ago, June 28th, I noticed in the evening when going to the bathroom and wiping I had a few spots of blood on the tissue but nothing in the urine. It was a dark brown color. I was surprised because it had been about two weeks since my last period had ended and I have never bled between cycles before. But it was just a few spots and no pain or cramps associated with it, so I didn't think much of it. The second day was the same, just once or twice spotting with a brown/light pink color. However, today, the third day this has been going on, I wiped away a lot more blood of bright red color and very stringy/little bit of clotting. Since it started around my 14th day after my last period, is this just ovulation bleeding or implantation bleeding or something else? There is no odor, cramps, pain or blood in the urine associated with any of this.

Kattxbrat

Asked by Kattxbrat at 10:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• Some side info about me...I gave birth to my son last year in June. A few months later in the fall I started having terrible pains in my stomach and side and figured it was my gall bladder acting up since I have a family history of this problem. My mother and grandmother also had this, I just have to watch what I eat now (fat free foods mostly)and I usually won't have any pains then. I also have UTIs A LOT. I have had them since I was a preteen (aka before being sexuall active). I keep them mostly under control by drinking a lot of cranberry juice and eating blueberries but I still get minor ones here and there. I'm mentioning all in by chance these problems could be related to my irregular bleeding.
    Kattxbrat

Comment by Kattxbrat (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Are you on birth control? W/ my bc if I don't take it @ the EXACT same time every day I start to bleed like you've described. I would think if the bleeding is related in any way to the issues you described in your answer that you'd be having pain as well. It could be implantation bleeding. I'd keep an eye on it, treat your body as if you are prego until you know for sure. If you start having pain or run a fever time to call your dr.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No, I'm not taking any birth control right now and no insurance at the moment, unable to afford it so would only be able to see a doctor if I was pregnant and could get medicaid then. I haven't had any gallbladder pain or a UTI in almost a month since before this happened so I thought it was unlikely they were related, just stated in case I was wrong and someone could tell me differently. Another factor I read up that could be causing this is stress and I'm sure my body is going through plenty of it. I'm unable to stay asleep for more then three-four hours so I take lots of nap but it never get a decent night of sleep. This also results in me having a poor diet...I skip breakfast always, snack during the afternoon as my "lunch" and then eat heavy during the evenings. Could the spotting/stringy blood be because of all that maybe? Again no gushing/flow of blood, I only see it when I wipe. Thanks again for any R&Rs.
    Kattxbrat

Comment by Kattxbrat (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i have no idea, but i'll bump it for you....i spot sometimes, but its usually when i miss a birth control pill or take one late, i hope you get an answer!

ohh, i know where i live you can get a reproductive heath insurance through some of the women's clinics and planned parenthood, it's free if you qualify, you might want to check into something like that.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2010