How many of you wash...

Your childs mouth out with soap and or use hot sause, red peppers? I personally think that is just wrong!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not me. My DD is only two, but I don't intend to do anything like that when she is older, either.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• no i have not

my mom did when i went through using swear words
    first ivory-not so bad as i remember
    but then she upped it to lava soap
    after that i watched my mouth around her so she would not wash my mouth
    (did i type that right?)

i watched my mouth so she would not wash my mouth

say that ten times fast!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Do people really do that? I don't think it would work!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• no one should do it! years ago I read that a dad put soap in a boys mouth and he died that night.

SAD that people make such a big deal over words. When my kids where 5-years old I told them the bad words and told them adults get very angry when kids say them so please do not say them. They where and still are very good about it.
    NOW their friend that got hit when they said a bad word, they always said the bad words when they where away from home. They had a dirty mouth.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No. niether.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No, I never have. And the best thing to do is to IGNORE the language AFTER you have explained that you don't approve of it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Never ever make a big deal about a bad word, just ask the child to use another word to express how they feel.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i think that would be considered child abuse..more so than a spanking
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No, I never did. We didn't use swear words, so they didn't say many of them. And when they did we firmly told them we didn't use that kind of language.

Answer by Bmat at 10:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would never do that. My kids' worst punishment is outside time out. For some reason, they hate to go to time out outside while everyone else is inside. We have a glass door on the back of our house, so we can see them sitting on the deck. Something about them looking in at us having a good time is such a threat that we rarely have to send them there.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2010