crazy mother in law problem

k so me and my husband got into a fight not like a hitting or anything but his mom got involved and it made me really mad so i broke her flower pot i know that was really childish of me but so now me and my husband have made up but she still is going on about it he works with here by the way so she is b*tching at him all day long about it. i told her i was sorry for the way i acted and for breaking her pot but it is almost like she cant get over it and now she is going on facebook saying all these mean things about me so i deleted her as my friend well she started b*tching about that too i have no idea what is wrong with her but i just want some one to tell me if they have ever delt with a crazy mother in law and how should i go about this the right way

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Well I would replace the pot, tell hubby to ask her to stay out of your business, and would not refriend her on Facebook,,I would just be distant for a bit after you give her the new pot,,, next time don't fight in front of her,,,count to 10 mamma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree with admckenzie- replace the pot and say I'm sorry. I also think your hubs needs to tell her " enough bitching about my wife, I really don't care to hear it anymore. It is over and done with lets put it behind us and move on with our life."
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Replace the pot and tell her you are sorry

Answer by admckenzie at 10:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Buy her a new pot and if she still doesn't shut up about it just let her be.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My MIL battled over quite a bit of things, sounds to me like this is over more than a pot. Have you gotten along in the past or is this just the latest in the family drama? Get her a new pot, maybe a gift certificate to some place she likes or offer to take her shopping for a new pot (if you can stand to be around her for this long). Apologize in person, then drop it. If she brings it up again change the subject.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree, buy her a new pot and apologize again. And I agree with vnw1405, if she still goes on about it, let it go, there isn't much more you can do.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think you need to replace the pot, apologize and just get over it. It sounds like both of you are a little immature.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• ANYTHING can be solved with kind words, understanding & good communication. Go to her, but don't put up a guard. Be open & honest with her. Make an effort.

Buying her a new pot would be a great idea.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i have afford to replace the pot but it like she doesnt even care but thanks all of u for ur opion and they only reason she got involved is cause we were going home from his work and she lives upstairs and i guess heard us but anyways it is just sad that it even had to go this way
    shannonsmom555

Comment by shannonsmom555 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think you already know to keep her out of you and your husbands disputes by now.but what done is done.all you can do is apologize and give it time to pass over.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2010