What are good experiences for a 2 year old?

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 10:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My two year olds enjoy trips to the park, the zoo, the lake, the museum, and other new places where they can explore a little. They also enjoy picnics, going out to eat, and family get togethers. They like almost anything we do together like reading, drawing, playing with playdough, cooking, or "fixing" things.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Ok, like activities.. My two year old LOVES to go to gymnastics, its her favorite. She also loves swimming! We like to take her to the park and even to the movies!!! She plays "soccer" (she kicks a soccer ball) with some of her little buddies and they all really enjoy that.

I agree with tweenandtwinmom, reading, drawing, playdough, etc. are all GREAT things for young ones to do. Finger painting is great! We just put down newspaper, take off her clothes, and let her at it! :-) At two, there isn't much you can give them to do that they won't like. LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• What do you mean by experiences?
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Like things you can take them too. Like concerts or amusements parks but on a 2 year old level.
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Anything where they can learn and it's not over their head. We took our DD to disneyland, and it was a bit over her head. She loved mickey and minnie and a couple rides but that's it. I say, trips to the park and just learning colors and counting stuff. Walks and swimming..etc
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• There is a huge free petting zoo with tons of stuff for little kids to do about 45 minutes away from where we live that I take my son to all the time. He loves the park, playing in his kiddie pool, being outside in general. We make forts inside. And there's an activity center in my town for kids and there are lots of those blow up jumpy things there and he loves those. One of his favorite things to do is "read" books so I take him to this outlet mall a lot that has a great children's book store and he picks out a book or two. I take him to the lake and this railroad place with a carousel museum down by the river. Well I really take him everywhere with me. He loves going out and loves car rides. His dad and him are always setting up really elaborate army men scenes. He's 2.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 3:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010